Who can apply?
All startups who offer a product or service solution from the following areas can participate:
- Photo & Video hardware
- Digital and Mobile Imaging
- Cloud services
- AR / VR / Mixed Reality or
- Print and display solutions.
Furthermore, your foundation should not be more than five years old and your turnover should not exceed € 5 million / fiscal year.
All details and modalities can be found in the eligibility requirements.
How will we find our winners?
Interested candidates can register using our application form until August 25, 2018.
In the next step, our top-class jury will select 10 finalists from all submissions who we will contact from September 6 and invite to photokina.
The jury is composed of well-known representatives from the imaging and media industry. From mid-July, we will introduce you to the individual members here.
The winners of the first round will have the unique opportunity to convince the jury of their idea in a 5-minute presentation on stage in the Imaging Lab, the area specially designed for startups and research institutions. Afterwards the candidates will be asked about their presentation / idea for five minutes.
At 6 pm, we will announce the winners.
Why should you participate?
Of course, the winners of the first three places will be rewarded with great prizes. However, all of the other candidates can fully exploit the increased media attention and the opportunity to make valuable contacts.
- Prize: PIV Startup Day Award of 2,500 Euro and a free presentation area at the next photokina
- Prize: A free presentation area at Business Forum Imaging (March 6 to 7, 2019 in Cologne)
- Prize: A consulting voucher for 500 Euros from the law firm WSS Redpoint, which specializes in startups